A new World Bank-commissioned report warns that the world is on track to a “4°C world” marked by extreme heat-waves and life-threatening sea level rise. The adverse effects of global warming are “tilted against many of the world’s poorest regions” and likely to undermine development efforts and goals. The Bank identifies the need for increased support for adaptation, mitigation, inclusive green growth and climate-smart development.
- New Video from C4D Member Highlights Work on Climate Change Adaptation in Ghana
- New Briefing Note on Fast-Start Climate Financing: How Does Canada Rank?
- IPCC Report Highlights Necessity of Mitigation and Adaptation
- New Report Calls for New Financing for Climate Change
- 2013 Climate Change Adaptation Case Studies Now Online